I never do these but…
I was tagged by ceywoozle so I couldn’t resist!!
Rule #1, always post the rules.
Rule #2, answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3, tag 11 people then link them in the post.
Rule #4, tell them you tagged them.
Rule #5, tell the person that tagged you when you’ve answered the questions.
1) you can only have either coffee or tea for the rest of your life. which one do you choose?
Tea, preferably Earl Grey
2) grilled cheese. yea or nay. if yea, what is your favourite kind (type of bread, type of cheese, other toppings, etc) and how is it prepared?
omg so YAY! Grilled cheese is like my favorite food ever. White bread, American cheese and sliced tomato, grilled in a pan with lots of butter. I DIE.
3) do you believe in soul mates? have you found yours?
This is interesting. I just had a conversation with my husband today about how, if we had made different decisions earlier in our lives, would we have met? At what age? Under what circumstances? I never really believed in destiny (or soulmates I guess) but it just feels like he and I are supposed to be together so I kind of feel like no matter what, life would have brought us together. So I suppose I do believe in soulmates. lol
4) describe your ideal living room/sitting room/lounge/you know what i mean. what’s the furniture like? what colour are the walls? are there books? a television? tell me all the things!
green walls, lots of bookcases and books, lots of photographs. big comfy furniture for lounging. i love to lounge.
5) would you like a treehouse? would you actually live in a treehouse?
i think i like the idea of a treehouse. but i don’t think i’d want to live in one.
6) do you like having plants around the house? are you good at taking care of them?
i LOVE plants but i am utter shit at keeping them. i either don’t water enough or water too much. my sister and and mother are so good at keeping houseplants and gardens and i’m so jealous that nearly everything i plant dies. it’s my goal to one day get better at this. i keep trying.
7) sun or shade?
definitely shade. too much sun makes me break out.
8) rain or snow?
9) what languages do you speak?
english. although german was spoken in my home growing up, i understand it but don’t speak it very well.
10) what country were you born in? do you feel patriotic towards it at all?
USA. I’m somewhat patriotic. I believe in the “great American experiment” but it’s far from complete. we have soooo far yet to go.
11) you can make one person in the world cease to exist. would you do it? who would it be?
Hmmm. this is a terrible and very interesting question. To have the power to make someone not exist? Sounds like the wrong kind of power to have. The right answer would be someone like Hitler or Jeffery Dahmer or Bin Laden, right? Here’s a true story:
I grew up painfully shy and awkward (hello most of tumblr!). I was the only person of color in my all white school until the age of 14. I had weird frizzy hair, all the wrong clothes, I was always completely unaware of all the current music, bands, tv shows, movies—- there was very little that I had to relate to my peers. I was 'that kid'. One thing I loved though, was dancing. I wanted to take dance lessons so I begged my mom to sign me up, which she did, for one class. I was AWFUL. Unflexible. Two left feet. Completely uncoordinated. Ugly second hand leotard. But I loved it, I clearly had no idea. Until one day, I showed up in my only plain red leotard and it was my turn to go across the floor to do whatever move we were just taught and of course I sucked but didn’t realize exactly how bad, and the other girls in the class all laughed at me. There was one girl in particular, Shawn Collins, who laughed the loudest and then made fun of my red leotard and my overall lack of being able to move my chubby awkward body without falling or knocking shit over. It was totally humiliating and I HATED that girl. I quit dance and never took another class and my already fragile and barely existing self-esteem took a deadly hit.
Fast forward a few years, we end up in the same high school. Shawn is there, one of the “pretty popular” girls and of course, I’m on the outside looking in. She sees me, rolls her eyes, laughs with her bitchy in-crowd friends and never gives me a second glance. I still HATED her. With a firey passion. Luckily though, I was in the advnaced, smart-kid classes and she was in the regular classes so I didn’t see much of her (or her bitchy friends). But when I did. At gym. In lunch. I always felt like that sad awkward little girl in the red leotard who just knew how pathetic and inferior she was. This is how they made me feel. This is how Shawn Collins made me feel.
If you would have asked me then who’s the one person I’d make cease to exist, it would have been Shawn Collins.
On December 22, 1988, a car full of teenagers hit a patch of ice on the highway, spun out of control, flipped a few times, and was completely totaled. Everyone was injured. One kid lost his arm. Shawn Collins was killed. It devastated our small school and our small town and everyone I know went to her funeral (including me). It was awful. I sat there among her crying family and my tearful classmates and thought “I still hated her.” I felt bad that she died and I still do. It’s a thing that all of my old classmates still remember every year on 12/22. We can’t ever forget it.
I can’t ever forget how small that girl made me feel. How she made me hate part of myself and how her ridicule made me quit an activity that I loved and would have gotten better at (eventually). If she was still alive I’d probably still hate her but I’d never wish her to not exist because I know what the world is like without her and too many people I care about were sad over her loss.
Honestly, if I was forced to make someone not exist it would be this bitch of a bridezilla who’s wedding I photographed a few years ago. She was so awful to me and all of her vendors. I nearly put my camera away because of the terrible experience. But I thought about Shawn and resolved to never let another shitty person make quit a thing that made me happy.
(you probably weren’t expecting that long of an answer to that question lol)
now for the questions:
1. What’s your favorite book of all time?
2. Who was your most influential teacher? the one who inspired you the most…
3. Favorite condiment?
4. If you could be anything in the world, other than your current profession, what would it be?
5. Could you marry someone who shared opposing political/social/religious beliefs as yours?
6. Describe the perfect date.
7. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
9. If you could travel back in time, when and where would you go?
10. What’s the best album you’ve recently downloaded?
11. Name of the last movie you watched….and did you like it?
troublelovesmetroubleneedsme, caitlinispiningforjohnlock, livelovetype, treizquatorz, cheekbonesofbenny, sharalunison, kaleycakes04, radar1230, inappropriatemusings, myredsquirrelsdrey, queersherlockian